Best Fly Boxes Reviewed
Fly boxes are boxes specifically designed to enable anglers to organise and carry artificial flies. They come in a wide range of sizes and styles, each offering their own benefits.
When deciding which one is best for you, you’re going to want to think about the size of box you need (and the number of flies it can contain) and the materials used to construct it. Because a fly box is one of many pieces of equipment you’re likely to carry, the weight of the box shouldn’t be dismissed.
Generally speaking, a great box is hardwearing, lightweight and waterproof. The good news is that there are some great fly boxes in the market with all of those traits at very modest prices. Below we’re going to review what we believe is the 3 best fly boxes available on Amazon.
#3 – Slim & Waterproof Fly Fishing Box by Manefish
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY! The Manefish Fly Box unique push button opening mechanism worries anglers, so we include a one year warranty to let you know we stand by the quality of our product.
- Opens easily with the touch of a button
- Incredibly thin fly box (only 1.1") - Will fit any pocket
- Double sided with a total of 180 holes for storing your flies
- 100% Waterproof to Keep your flies dry in this fly box and 100% Floatable so you have nothing to worry about if it falls into the water
The Manefish Fly Fishing Box is an extremely slim and lightweight fly box. Made from ABS plastic, this box is sturdy, strong, and resistant to impact and heat. At only 1.1 inches thick, this is one of the slimmest classic design fly boxes on the market. Despite its slim design, which enables the box to easily fit into the pockets of most jeans, the box still has 180 fly holes.
As well as the benefits of its size, this waterproof Manefish box is also extremely practical. It opens with a single touch of a button and floats if you accidentally drop it in the water.
#2 – Salmon Fly Box- Holds Large Streamers and Flies by Kingfisher
- Waterproof fly box sealed with rubber gaskets on both sides
- Long lasting, high density split foam liner, holds your flies securely
- Double-sided with plenty of room for your flies - holds up to 363 flies
- Tough black ABS plastic lids, great for salmon, steelhead and saltwater flies
- Stainless steel hinge pins - won't corrode even for saltwater fishing, snap tight latch
Kingfisher’s Salmon Fly Box is a large, rugged, watertight box that holds that large flies and streamers that are too big for some of its competitors to hold. Despite its size and strong exterior, this box is extremely lightweight and easy to carry with a sure grip exterior.
The box is constructed from durable ABS plastic that can handle all impact that is faced by anglers. The neoprene seals protect water from ever entering the box and the box floats if it’s ever accidentally dropped into a river or lake.
If you’re looking for a great bargain on a larger box, look no further than the Kingfisher Salmon.
#1 – Waterproof Fly Box by Flies Direct
- 100% Waterproof - Silicone Seal that Keeps Your Flies Dry
- Holds 126 flies (63 Flies on each side)
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
At number #1 spot is the small, lightweight and affordable Waterproof Fly Box from Flies Direct.
As one of Amazon’s most affordable fly boxes, you’d be forgiven for not expecting much from this Flies Direct offering; however you’d be wrong. Despite its affordable price tag, this box is extremely good quality. It’s completely waterproof with a silicone seal that keeps your flies dry even if you drop it in the water. On the subject of dropping the box in the water, that isn’t a problem either; it floats!
Despite being small enough to fit in small pockets of jeans, trousers and shorts, the Flies Direct box still holds up to 126 flies, with 63 on either side. If you’re looking for a box with a big spec for a little price, you’ve just found it. We hope this fly box review helps you to choose the best one for your needs.